U.S. Coast Guard Online Resources
This page is just a collection of Coast Guard Pages that I have found useful.
Obviously, there are thousands more.
U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters
- The U.S. Coast Guard Research and Development Center in Groton, CT
Coast Guard Home Page
- General Coast Guard information, centered around CG Thirteenth District
(Oregon and Washington). Hopefully when they fill this out, I will just
point to it.
US Coast Guard Navigation Center Home Page
- Includes local notices to mariners, and info on various radionavigation
Coast Guard Regional Examination Center Los Angeles - Long Beach
- A Coast Guard web site that
provides full information on how to apply for a USCG license. The
site also allows mariners to download all the forms required to apply
for a license.
Search MIC Database
- Recreational Boats sold or imported into the United States are required
to have a twelve character Hull Identification Number (HIN). The first three
letters of that number are the Manufacturer's Identification
Code (MIC). Manufacturers are required to apply in writing to the United
States Coast Guard for assignment of a MIC. The Coast Guard maintains a
database of all recreational boat manufacturers in the United States, and
U.S. importers of recreational boats. This database contains active, out of
business, and Canadian manufacturers.
Click on anchor to return to main sailing page
Copyright 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 Mark Rosenstein.